Thursday, June 24, 2010

Today's project



I forgot that yesterday was my mom's birthday. Happy Birthday Rita. She will be gone 4 years Labor Day weekend.
I was awake and out of bed this morning at 3am. Ray is out of town and the tv was still on. Why 3, why not 5. So I started the coffee, checked email, said good morning to a high school friend who was on FB (she doesn't sleep either) and then headed to the basement to start sewing. That has been my newest love. I made to strapless tops/dresses for under $6. I can't decide whether or not to hem them into sun dresses or tops. Maybe one of each. I found the fabric at Joann's and bought a yard of each. Last week I found a pattern online, I modified it and made Lucy a bathing suit cover up out of an old Hershey's tee shirt. The top is rooshed with the top thread being thread and the bobbin being elastic thread. After you sew as many lines of it as you want you take the steam from the iron (don't let it touch the elastic) and it puckers right up.
Check it out...



1 comment:

  1. I just learned about that trick not too long ago - winding the bobbin with elastic thread. And, OMG isn't it slick? Will you be wearing one of these to the Jimmy Buffet concert? :)

    ReplyDelete