Thursday, August 27, 2009

My Garden, well my tomatoes.....


Ok, so I planted these 6 plants way tooooooo close. I will remember that for next year! But they are Jersey tomatoes and they are sweet!

So what do you do with all your tomatoes you say??? Google it!
Sliced tomatoes and pesto is D-licious!
Tomato salad with fresh basil and onions.
Homemade tomato sauce.....Yummy!! This I got from the internet and all I used for flavor was olive oil, salt and pepper and garlic, and lots of it. Then I poured it over linguini. Comments from Ray included GREAT, comments from my dad, it's not really that thick. Is he ever happy?? "Your mothers sauce was always thicker" Well, she never made homemade did she, I replied. And he isn't getting her sauce any time soon!
Coming up, zucchini...........I am going to make stuffed zucchini from the recipe in the newspaper. They call for ground chicken. Stay tuned.....................

No comments:

Post a Comment