Monday, April 13, 2009

My Latest Project

So.............Three weeks ago I take a tiling class at Home Depot. I wanted a glass back splash in my kitchen and wanted to learn how to tile. Nothing to it! The class was an hour long and very informative. When I got all the information I needed I got out of there and was ready to tackle my job. The problem was that all the tile I liked had to be ordered which doesn't go well with my anal, obsessive, ADHD personality. I put that job on the back burner and got into polymer clay, which by the way is doing well on ebay.
Last Thurs and Fri I was in NJ for my nephews memorial, can you believe it's been 3 years?? On Fri my sister took me to a tile place and I found just what I wanted IN STOCK!! My dad and I left to come back to PA Fri and that night I went and got my tiling supplies and Sat morning go the job done. Well part 1 done. Part 2 done on Sunday. And that's how that is done. Well, kinda.....
I had a great time doing the tiling on Sat but Sunday's grout day wasn't as easy as I thought. The BLACK grout is messy and black. My poor hands will never be the same. I couldn't use the tool I bought for putting the grout on because the area I was tiling was too small for the large tool. I used a sponge and got my fingers and fingernails yucky! Then I left the grout on the tiles too long and Ray Hall and I spent 2 hours scrubbing. My dad kept telling me to tape off the woodwork and cabinets but nahhhhhhhh, that would take too much time. This morning I repainted the window. It needed another coat anyway. Well, you be the judge of this little baby....

1 comment:

  1. Looks Beautiful! I would expect nothing less!
    Love, Laurie & Jim
    P.S. Love my new camera

    ReplyDelete